Monday, March 25, 2013

Needing motivation, in a big way

When my schedule gets packs and more and more reasons to "skip" workouts come my way. . . I use anything and everything I can to stay motivated.

It seems weird to be saying this, but it's almost as if motivation is trendy right now, like everyone has lost the will to get up at 5am in the rain and run. My facebook wall is full of these:


They work, to a degree. But honestly, this is the thing that keeps me going.... a photo of little Adrienne


This little girl had big dreams. She didn't know in her lifetime she'd have to battle with her weight or know the feeling of warming the bench on the high school basketball team. She didn't understand limits or heartbreak or the possibility that things didn't work out exactly how we would want them to.... All she understood was Hope, and I owe it to her to make my dreams a reality (even if it is painful, embarrassing, humiliating and hard). The great thing about it is that I have the power to make my dreams come true, and for runner... that is so many :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment