Sunday, March 3, 2013

Photo Roll Motivation

After a long week of workouts and the busy nature of life- I need to remind myself it's worth it get outta bed and put those extrahard workouts. Lately, the pace of my life has been a bit hectic. Lots on my mind and many other well, "things" going on that compete with my desire to be a better runner. To combat this, I decided to take photo of myself just before I head out for a workout.

Why do this?

1. When I pose for a pic, I smile. Regardless of my mood, the tiny photo helps create a moment of reward. I am doing something for myself- something this is difficult, a choice to work hard and be better.

2. When I need a pick-me-up between runs, I flip through the photo roll and remind myself hard choices I've made in the past to run when I didn't want to.

3. Unintentional side product: I've discovered that most of my running clothes come in one color: black. #runningninja you can call me.

Try it out for one week then review your pictures. Trust me- you'll feel great about yourself!

Yesterday's Snap


Before and After my hardest workout of the week: 5 mile run and 1-hour bootcamp. Note the smile on the after :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment