Friday, February 22, 2013

Ode to lipstick

For those of you that know me, you know that I like to experiment with fashion and trends as they grace the runways. This winter and spring in an effort to make my "look" a little more modern and sophisticated, I decided to try my hand at wearing lipstick instead of the gloss or Chap Stick. Being a runner and wearing NO makeup and workout clothes most of the time left has left me a makeup (more specifically Lipstick) novice. I turned to the ladies at MAC Makeup to give me some tips.


Tip One- Get some help in picking out a lipstick! I wanted three looks 1) A solid Red Lip 2) A everyday-nudish pink that I could wear work 3) A brighter pink lip for going out when red just didn't fit. I'm pretty fair skinned so hear's what I ended up with.

MAC- Russian Red and matching Red cream pencil (my red)
MAC- Pink Pigeon with a Trimmed In Pink Liner (my hot pink)
LipStick Queen- Nude Pink Lipstick (my everyday)



Tip Two- Application is an art! Here are the steps the applying the perfect pucker

1. Condition lips with chap stick while you put on the rest of your makeup
2. Wipe off extra chap stick then, with your concealer brush, apply concealer all over your lips (essentially whiting them out completely)

3. Apply a light dusting of press powder to set the concealer
4. Line the lips.. completely. Yes, color in the whole thing!

5. Apply lipstick!
6. With some liquid concealer, take a super-thin eyeliner blush and go around the line between the lip and your face. This will help to make sure the lipstick stays put and doesn't bleed into cracks around the mouth.

7. Enjoy your pretty new lips :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment